Tu Lan cave expedition 3 days
- Enjoy trekking, caving, climbing and swimming.
- The very best wild caves of the region including Rat Cave, Ken Cave, Kim Cave, Hung Ton Cave, Song Oxalis Cave and Tu Lan Cave!
- It is a more in challenging experience as you’ll see more of the caves and go much further into the jungle!
- Overnight at two spectacular campsites
What to expect
This adventure tour offers the perfect balance between trekking, caving, climbing, squeezing and swimming, combined with enough time to enjoy two spectacular campsites over three-days and two-nights!
Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Rat Cave – Tu Lan
You will be picked up in Phong Nha between 7:30 am and 8:00 am at your hotel and driven to the little village of Tan Hoa for your initial safety briefing. Please be noted that Release Form needs to be signed before you are getting to the jungle.
You’ll then set off across sweeping fields for 2.5 km to the Rao Nan River, making your way up to the short hill into Rat Cave.
Explore 300m in Rat Cave with spectacular calcite stalagmites, then make your way back out for a picnic lunch served next to the river in La Ken Valley.
You’ll then climb 150 m increasing in elevation up Lom Com Mountain. Keep going through Flat Rock Peak and make your way to Mango Peak on Mango Mountain. After a quick break, the trek continues down into Tu Lan Valley (2 km).
You’ll finish your afternoon on a more relaxed note with swimming around the waterfall, followed by a BBQ dinner, and singing around the campfire until sleep overcomes you.
Day 2: Ken Cave – Tu Lan – Hang Kim – To Mo
The morning arrives with another full day of adventure. Shortly following breakfast comes a swim directly into Ken Cave.
After exploring this longest cave in Tu Lan Cave System, you will return back to camp for more waterfall swimming, a rest, and picnic lunch.
Post-lunch, it’s a 200 m swim into Tu Lan Cave, followed by a 1.5 km trek to Hang Kim where the cave exploration continues for 600m including 350m swims in varying lengths before adventuring 500 m through To Mo Valley to the To Mo Cave campsite.
Enjoy another beautifully prepared dinner, and camping within the graceful To Mo Valley.
Day 3:To Mo – Song Oxalis Cave – Hung Ton – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
The last day continues to exude adventure and a good balance between trekking and swimming. At 8AM, after breakfast, you and the team will explore Song Oxalis Cave – a marvelous creature of Tu Lan Cave System. After that, you will get back to the campsite and enjoy some snacks before getting back on the journey. The guide then leads the team to trek and swim 100 m upstream past the waterfall and through Hung Ton Cave via the exit of the cave. Investigation of the dry passage leads to a 15 m ladder climb up to the entrance of Hung Ton.
Early afternoon holds the return trip across Rao Nan River, the beautiful fields and back to Tan Hoa (2.5 km), where a cold drink will be calling your name. Showers are available for those who would like to clean up and change. The tour returns to Phong Nha by 5:30 pm.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.