Hang Va cave exploration 2 days
- One the most beautiful stalactites and stalagmites in the world
- Use ropes and cross some rivers including the ones inside the caves
- Delicious meals, highest safety standards and friendly guides
What to expect
For those whom a week expedition to Son Doong cave – the world’s biggest cave – is too much, this new 2-day combination ‘Hang Va & Hang Nuoc Nut’ expedition tour can be a perfect alternative. While not physically connected to Son Doong, Hang Nuoc Nut and Hang Va are part of Phong Nha cave system based on their shared water flow.
Day 1:Phong Nha – Hang Nuoc Nut – Hang Va jungle camp
For your convenience, you will be picked up at your hotel in Phong Nha between 8:00 – 8:30 AM. Collect your gear, listen to a tour briefing and please be noted that you need to sign our Release Form before driving 45 minutes through the National Park to the trailhead.
From the trailhead, you will enter the jungle and hike to the entrance of Hang Nuoc Nut. Here you put on a Petzl helmets and Hope Technology 1500 lumen head lamps. Once inside the low opening the cave enlarges dramatically and we explore the high level series with excellent photographic opportunities. We have a picnic lunch with ice cold drinks provided before setting off in the cave for around 2 kilometres. Enjoy the beautiful formations, enormous passage and Underground River, again with many photographic opportunities.
You then will follow a newly discovered cave passage. This will allow us to enter Hang Va cave and our campsite. It involves 100m-swimming and using ropes to ascend to the entrance of Hang Va and our jungle campsite for the night. Camp will be set up and tea/coffee will be supplied as well as a delicious dinner served by our local chef. Delight yourself with an evening of games and entertainment, or simply relax and soak up the views at our jungle campsite.
Day 2: Hang Va – Phong Nha
Day 2 is the highlight of the expedition. Before experiencing this fantastic cave, Hang Va, you will have a delicious breakfast at around 8:00 am.
First, you will have to climb down the steep entrance of Hang Va. It can be quite slippery, so move slowly and with care. To ensure your safety, you will have a rope for you to clip into with a harness which will be provided for you. You will continue to wear the harness at all times inside Hang Va Cave.
After that, if you are early, there is a chance to swim in a downstream pool inside Hang Va before heading upstream. You will walk most of the time in water flowing through the river passage, climb up and down, and squeeze between the rocks. The water level of the river passage can be as high as chest level, so be ready to be wet for about 4 hours.
When you reach the end of the wet passage, you will need to use the harness again to carefully climb up to the high level passage. You will be amazed with this high level area because of its stunning formations, really rare throughout the world. In this area, you will have a lot of time to take beautiful images with the support of Hope technology and extra lights prepared specifically for photography in Hang Va Cave.
Finally, you will head back to the camp, enjoy lunch and at around 2:00 pm, walk back to the road by a different route to the pick up point. A driver will take you back to your hotel in Phong Nha by about 5:00 pm.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
There are no reviews yet.