If you are a Norwegian planning a trip to Vietnam, it is good to check the visa requirements before your departure, as failure to possess a valid visa may result in denied boarding. This page provides valuable information on Vietnam Visa for Citizens of Norway, outlining the necessary requirements and offering a comprehensive guide on how to obtain a visa.
Do Norwegians need a visa for Vietnam?
Norwegian citizens can enjoy a visa-free entry into Vietnam for a maximum of 15 days.
How can Citizens of Norway apply for a Vietnam visa?
Citizens of Norway have two options to enter Vietnam. They can either take advantage of the visa-free entry, which allows a stay of up to 15 days, or apply for an e-visa, which allows a stay of up to 30 days.
Visa free entry – maximum 15 days
To obtain a visa-free entry into Vietnam, Norwegian citizens simply need to ensure that their stay in Vietnam does not exceed 15 days. They must have a valid Norwegian passport with at least six months of validity remaining, and they should present their passport upon arrival in Vietnam. There is no need to apply for a visa in advance for this visa-free entry.
E-Visa – maximum 30 days
To obtain an e-visa for Vietnam, here is a step-by-step guide for Norwegian citizens:
- Visit the official website of the Vietnamese Immigration Department: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/
- Fill out the online application form with the required personal and travel information.
- Upload a digital passport photo (4×6 cm) and a scanned copy of your passport’s biographical page.
- Pay the visa processing fee, which is $25 USD and can be paid by credit card.
- Wait for the processing of your e-visa, which typically takes 3 to 4 working days.
- Once your e-visa is approved, you will receive an email with the e-visa attached as a PDF file.
- Print out the e-visa document, as you will need to present it upon arrival in Vietnam.
- Make sure to also carry your valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
- When boarding your flight to Vietnam, present your e-visa and passport for verification.
- Upon arrival in Vietnam, proceed to the immigration counter and present your e-visa and passport for entry.
When you make a mistake in the application, it can take an additional 3 to 4 working days, so it is best to read our guide: how to apply for a Vietnam e-visa.
FAQ about Vietnam visas
Can Norwegians get a visa on arrival?
No, the visa on arrival program has been replaced by the e-visa system. However, Norwegians are eligible for a free 15-day visa exemption upon arrival in Vietnam.
Do Norwegians need a visa to enter Vietnam?
Norwegians can enter Vietnam without a visa for up to 15 days if they meet the requirements for the visa exemption. For stays longer than 15 days, a visa is required.
How can Norwegians apply for a visa for Vietnam?
If your stay is 15 days or less, you don’t need to apply for a visa. You can enjoy a free visa exemption upon arrival. If you plan to stay longer, you can apply for an e-visa for a maximum duration of 30 days. The application can be done through the official website of the Vietnamese Immigration Department.