Tu Lan cave exploration 2 days
- Perfect if you are short on time but still want a solid taste of adventure in the amazing Tu Lan jungle and cave system.
- Enjoy exploring Ken Cave, Kim Cave, Hung Ton Cave and of course Tu Lan Cave.
- Decent amount of trekking with over 12 km of tough jungle terrain and plenty of swimming!
- Camp at a beautiful waterfall.
Select date & options
What to expect
This tour offers a glimpse into the amazing beauty of the Tu Lan area: caves, karst mountains, jungle, and waterfalls. It is an opportunity to escape civilization and go deep into the rugged and untouched nature of Vietnam for two-days and one-night with a professional English-speaking guide and jungle porter team.
Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Tu Lan
You’ll be picked up at your hotel in Phong Nha between 7:30 am and 8:00 am, before venturing off to the village of Tan Hoa, located 70 km away. After a safety briefing and gear check, you need to sign our Release Form before it’s off and away for a full day of trekking.
The trek begins with a 2.5 km march across fields of peanut crops, giant water buffaloes, towering corn stalks, and down to the Rao Nan River.
The adventure accelerates with a 30 m climb up a rocky hill to a small jungle opening where you can catch your breath before a 100 m descent in elevation down to Hung Ton Valley.
Lunch will be enjoyed in the Hung Ton Cave opening and then the adventure picks up again with some serious trekking from Hung Ton Valley and over to Mango Mountain, then back down into Tu Lan Valley (3 km).
By mid afternoon, Tu Lan campsite will be on the horizon, where swimming can be enjoyed in the beautiful waterfall. Afternoon activities include exploring and swimming through Ken Cave, located next to the campsite, and after that it’s back to camp for a delicious BBQ dinner.
Sleep will come easy in comfortable or tents set up amongst the trees!
Day 2: Tu Lan – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
The second day starts with a hearty breakfast, and more cave exploration.
Starting with a brief swim across the river into the heart of Tu Lan Cave System, you will break to enjoy the blue lagoon entrance before making your way 180 m downstream through Tu Lan Cave entrance. Make your way up to explore the dry part with some climbing and squeezing, at which point you will reach the dry exit and trek a short way through the valley into Kim Cave dry entrance. Stay for a while to watch out for a natural window in Kim Cave, and you’ll then be on a 600-meter cave exploration including 350m of swims of varying lengths. A picnic lunch will be served next to a stunning waterfall by Hung Ton Cave mouth. Then, you will try to follow a dry path before swimming out through Hung Ton wet cave .
Following this is the exploration of a dry passage, and then a trek down into Hung Ton Valley (800 m).
Arrival in Tan Hoa is followed by a chance to take in the scenery with a cold drink in hand.
Showers are available for those who would like to clean up and change, and then departure back to Phong Nha is at around 4 pm, with arrival in Phong Nha by 5:30 pm (Note: 6:00 – 6:30 pm from November to March).
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.