If you are a Danish citizen planning to travel to Vietnam, it is important to check the visa requirements beforehand to avoid any potential issues or denial of boarding. This page provides detailed information on Vietnam Visa for Citizens of Denmark, including the necessary requirements and step-by-step instructions to obtain a visa.
Do Danes need a visa for Vietnam?
No, citizens of Denmark do not need a visa for Vietnam if their stay is less than 15 days. Denmark is one of the countries that have a visa exemption agreement with Vietnam. However, if Danish citizens plan to stay in Vietnam for more than 15 days, they will need to apply for a visa in advance.
How can Citizens of Denmark apply for a Vietnam visa?
Danish citizens have two options to enter Vietnam.
- Visa-free entry: Danish passport holders can enter Vietnam without a visa for a maximum of 15 days. T
- E-visa: The second option is to apply for an e-visa, allowing for a stay of up to 30 days.
Visa free entry – maximum 15 days
Citizens of Denmark can receive a visa-free exemption to enter Vietnam for a maximum of 15 days. When you arrive in Vietnam, you need to present your valid Danish passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
E-Visa – maximum 30 days
- Website: To apply for an e-visa, you can visit the official website of the Vietnamese Immigration Department. The website is: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/
- Cost: The cost for the e-visa application is 25 USD. This fee is payable online during the application process.
- Duration of the visa: The e-visa for Vietnam is valid for a maximum of 30 days. You can enter Vietnam and stay for up to 30 days from the date of your entry.
- Duration of the application process: Typically, it takes around 3 to 4 working days to process the e-visa application. It’s recommended to apply in advance to allow sufficient time for processing.
- Printing the e-visa: Once your e-visa is approved, you will receive the e-visa by email. It’s important to print out this as you will need to present it upon arrival in Vietnam. Make sure to have a physical copy with you during your travel.
- Boarding the flight: When you check-in for your flight to Vietnam, you will be required to show your valid passport and the printed e-visa. Airlines have strict regulations and will not allow passengers to board without these documents.
- Arriving in Vietnam: Upon arrival at the Vietnamese airport, proceed to the immigration counter and present your passport along with the printed e-visa. The immigration officer will verify your documents and grant you entry into the country.
To avoid common mistakes in your application, refer to our comprehensive guide on obtaining a Vietnam e-visa, which provides all the necessary information and instructions for applying through the official website.
FAQ about Vietnam visas
Do people from Denmark need a visa to enter Vietnam?
Citizens of Denmark are eligible for a visa exemption when traveling to Vietnam. Danish passport holders can enter Vietnam without a visa for a maximum stay of 15 days. If you plan to stay in Vietnam for more than 15 days, you will need to apply for an e-visa, which allows for a maximum stay of 30 days.
How much does a Vietnam visa for Danes cost?
Danes have two options when it comes to entering Vietnam:
1. Visa-free entry: Danish citizens can enjoy a visa exemption and stay in Vietnam for up to 15 days without needing to apply for a visa. This option is free of charge.
2. E-visa: If Danes wish to stay longer than 15 days or prefer the convenience of having a visa in advance, they can apply for an e-visa. The cost of the e-visa is 25 USD, which can be paid online during the application process. The e-visa allows for a maximum stay of 30 days and is a popular choice for those planning to stay in Vietnam for a longer duration or for tourism purposes.