Tu Lan cave discovery 1 day
- Full day of adventure!
- Visit two caves: Hang Chuot and the impressive Hung Ton Cave, part of Tu Lan Cave system’s.
- Enjoy lunch next to a waterfall.
Select date & options
What to expect
In this Tu Lan cave 1 day tour you’ll get wet,dirty and enjoy an awesome lunch beside a stunning waterfall! This is a full day of adventure so be prepared! See the immense formations of Hang Chuot (Rat Cave) before trekking to impressive Hung Ton Cave and To Mo Valley.
Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – To Mo – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
Start your day with pick-up from your accommodation in Phong Nha between 7:00am and 7:30am (please be ready!).
You’ll then drive 70 km over the Da Deo Mountain Pass to reach the ethnic minority village of Tan Hoa. You can leave all your luggage at the office in the storage room.
After a safety briefing, checking gear and signing our Release Form, the day adventure begins with a 2 km walk across peanut and buffalo fields to reach the Rao Nan River.
After crossing the river you’ll reach the impressive Hang Chuot (Rat Cave) to explore its massive formations for up to 280m. Return back to the river another way, then trek through Hung Ton Valley to reach Hung Ton Cave. Explore this wild cave by descending a 15 m ladder with a safety rope before swimming 50m through the cave and following an underground river to reach To Mo Valley, where a delicious lunch will be awaiting you.
After swimming at the waterfall, trek over Hung Ton Mountain (1 km), across Hung Ton Valley (500 m), and another small hill down to Rao Nan River (500 m). You’ll finish the day crossing back over peanut and buffalo fields (2.5 km) to the office, where a cold drink and shower will be awaiting your return.
Depart Tan Hoa at 17:00 and return to Phong Nha at 18:30 and you will be dropped at your accommodation.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.