Phong Nha National Park tour with caving & kayaking
- Enjoy kayaking down the stunning Chay River
- Explore Nuoc Nut Cave which is connected to the Hang Va cave and Son Doong Cave, in the Phong Nha National Park.
- Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch in the jungle
Select date & options
What to expect
This is the perfect itinerary for travellers looking for an easygoing day filled with fun and memorable moments, which includes a short trek to explore a ‘wild’ cave, along with an introduction to the Phong Nha National Park, kayaking down a spectacular stretch of the iconic Chay River and unwinding at the Chay Lap Water Sports Center.
Phong Nha – Nuoc Nut Cave – Chay Village – Chay Lap Water Sport Center – Phong Nha
Our tour bus will pick you up from your hotel in Phong Nha between 7:00 AM to 7:30 AM on the departure date and take you to Oxalis Adventure headquarters located right next to gorgeous Son River. At 8:00 AM, you will attend the tour briefing and be provided with the required equipment for the journey. After signing the release form, you’ll get back into our tour bus and head out at 8:30 AM to commence your trek from the legendary KM 29 Ho Chi Minh trail at 9:30AM. Start trekking for an hour through lush green jungle and learning about the biodiversity of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, you’ll arrive at the Nuoc Nut Cave entrance begin your exploration at 10:30AM.
As you begin your adventurous venture inside, you will meet a small entrance opening up to a much larger cave inside. You will be asked to put on your provided Petzl helmets and Petzl Pixa 3 300-lumen head lamps before proceeding deeper into the cave. Once inside the low opening, the cave enlarges dramatically and there will be many of excellent photographic opportunities. This is a wonderful chance for you to witness the marvelous formations and enormous passage with an underground river. During this time, if you’re lucky enough, a natural sunbeam will be seen around this area.
After exploring the beautiful Nuoc Nut Cave for about 3 hours, you will enjoy fresh lunch prepared by our porter team at about 1PM. Once you’re done with your delicious meal and brief rest, you’ll start trekking again and our tour bus will be waiting at the trailhead to pick you up around 2:30 PM. The bus will then take you to the wonderful Chay Village. From here, you will walk through the Chay Lap suspension bridge before getting on the kayaks and start kayaking to Chay Lap Water Sports Center at 3:00 PM. This is an experience that stays with guests as some of Phong Nha’s best memories, as you beautifully make your way down the iconic Chay River and surrounded by dreamy landscapes and incredible sights of the amazing countryside of the region. This is undoubtedly one of the best kayaking experiences you’ll ever have! A complimentary cold drink is waiting for you once you get off the kayak, relax and take in the breathtaking landscapes around you.
Our tour bus will then depart from Chay Lap at 4:30 PM and get you back to your hotel in Phong Nha. This will mark the end of your Phong Nha National Park Tour.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.