Ban Gioc waterfall & Ba Be lake 3 day experience
What to expect
Visit a stunning lake and the most impressive waterfall in Southeast Asia: Ban Gioc waterfall. Going through off the beaten track destinations and stay overnight in a homestay for a true local experience.
- Vtisit Ban Gioc waterfall; the most imrpessive waterfall in Vietnam
- Explore stunning Ba Be lake by boat
- Stay overnight in a homestay for a true local experience
Day 1: Hanoi – Lang Son – Quang Uyen (L, D)
Your Ban Gioc waterfall tour starts in Hanoi. Your guide will pick you up at your hotel at around 7:30 – 8:00 AM at start driving to Lang Son.
The drive brings you close the the Chinese border with a stop at the Chi Lang Pass; a 20 km long gorge between two mountains. This area has a long history with many fierce battles against several Chinese invaders. Spend around an hour to walk around to explore the area and visit the Quy Mon Quan Gate (The Gate of Monsters).
In Dong Dang you have lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch you continue your Ban Gioc waterfall tour into the pass, stopping at the Mother’s Temple and Dong Khe; an important historical site where The Battle of Dong Khe was fought during the First Indochina War in 1950, ending with a victory of the Viet Minh against the French.
In the evening there is a family dinner and overnight stay in a local homestay owned by a Nung minority family.
Day 2: Ban Gioc Waterfall – Ba Be Lake (B, L, D)
Start your morning with a breakfast at the homestay.
After this you depart for Trung Khanh on the border with China. Experience local live of the minorities living in Phuoc Sen village; a village in the mountains known for traditional blacksmithing. They make farming tools that are of huge important of building and maintaining the rice paddies fields.
Next you visit the biggest highlight of the tour: Ban Gioc Waterfall. Spanning over 300 meters wide, the most stunning waterfall in Southeast Asia, with Vietnam on one side and China on the other side. The Ban Gioc Waterfall is a great place to make photos and enjoy the natural beauty.
After the Ban Gioc Waterfall tour, you visit Nguom Ngao Cave. This cave in Cao Bang stretches for more than 2 km underground with impressive stalactites and stalagmites.
After The Ban Gioc Waterfall tour and walking through the cave you go back over the road to Cao Bang town and make your way to Ba Be lake. On the way you have great views of the country side of Cao Bang.
Arriving at Ba Be lake you check in to your homestay, owned by a local Tay minority family. Rest of the evening you can relax and enjoy a home-cooked dinner.
Day 3: Ba Be Lake – Hanoi (B, L)
After breakfast you take a boat tour over the stunning Ba Be lake. Enjoy views of the lake surrounded with karst mountain full of jungle. Optionally you can go swimming in the lake.
The boat will then continue along the Nang River, bringing you to Puong Grotto. An impressive large cave with a river inside, stalactites and stalagmites created by the river erosion, as well as a colony of thousands of bats that lives here.
Your Ba Be lake boat trip ends back in the village. From here you will be brought back to Hanoi, around 230 km away. On the way there is another stop at a tea plantation nestled among rolling hills.
Your Ba Be lake and Ban Gioc waterfall tour ends with a drop off at your hotel in Hanoi.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.