Ba Be Lake 2 day discovery
Select date & options
What to expect
In a 2 day trip explore Ba Be National Park from Hanoi. Enjoy kayaking, make a boat trip on the stunning lake and stay overnight in a local homestay.
- Make a boat trip over Ba Be lake and visit an impressive cave
- Stay overnight in a homestay
- Pick up and drop off from Hanoi
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be Lake (L,D)
Your Ba Be lake tour start from Hanoi with a pick up from your hotel around 7:30 – 8:00 AM.
On the way to Ba Be National Park, you will stop at a village for lunch in a local restaurant, before continuing with a drive through the mountains and tea plantations.
You end at a traditional minority village of the Tay people, were houses are built on stilts. This village, named Coc Toc, is also the place were you will stay overnight at a homestay for a true local experience.
After checking in at the homestay, your afternoon is free to spend as you wish. There are several things you can do, including visiting a cave, kayaking on the lake, cycling to explore more of the surrounding area or just relax and enjoy the views of the lake.
In the evening there is dinner at the homestay.
Day 2: Ba Be Lake – Hanoi (B,L)
In the morning there is breakfast in the homestay.
After breakfast you take a boat trip over the lake. From the boat you can enjoy amazing views over the mountains and jungle and optionally take a swim.
Via a river you end up and a huge cave with underground river. The river created through erosion beautiful stalagmites and stalactites. There is a also a colony of bats living here. Explore the cave before going back to the starting point in Ba Be lake.
You will be brought back to Hanoi via a scenic road with a stop on the way at a local restaurant for lunch.
Arriving back in Hanoi around 5:30 PM.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.