Ba Be Lake full adventure: Trekking & Kayaking
- Explore Ba Be Lake by kayak and visit a cave
- Enjoy a trekking through the stunning jungle of Ba Be National Park
- Learn more from the ethnic minority cultures at local villages
- Stay overnight in a homestay with views on the lake
Day 1: Hanoi - Ba Be Lake
Get ready for an adventure-filled day as your tour guide picks you up from your hotel in Hanoi early in the morning and takes you on a scenic journey to Ba Be National Park, a 5-hour drive away along Highway 3.
Along the way, we will stop at Cho Ra town to indulge in a local lunch and take in the sights and sounds of this charming town. Then, we’ll continue our drive to Ba Be National Park.
Prepare to change clothes and get on a kayak for a 10-13km journey along the Nang River. Enjoy the scenic views of the surrounding karst formations covered in wild vegetation and a rich wildlife. We will paddle through the Puong Cave to Tay ethnic village area and Dau Dang waterfall, where we will trek through the jungle.
We will trek through the jungle, passing by several Hmong villages before reaching a Dao ethnic minority village where we will spend the night.
Day 2: Ba Be Lake
Experience a traditional local breakfast before starting on an stunning 8 km hike to a H’mong village.
Once there, immerse yourself in the local community by interacting and playing with the children. Our knowledgeable guide may even bring some sweets, pens, and notebooks as gifts for the kids. The guide’s will also prepare a delicious picnic lunch.
After lunch, get ready for a 7 km trek to reach the Coc Toc village. The last leg of the trek can be challenging as you cross Coc Toc Stream and witness local fishermen in action. Take a break and cool off with a refreshing swim before continuing on.
As the day winds down, enjoy a delicious dinner prepared on an open fire before settling in for the night in a traditional Tay stilt house.
Day 3: Ba Be Lake - Hanoi
Start the day with a delicious breakfast on an open-air balcony overlooking the stunning Ba Be Lake.
Get ready to explore this beautiful area by hopping on a boat tour that will take you around the lake. Ba Be Lake is a national park and a preserved forest, as well as an important wetland of the world, recently recognized by UNESCO as the third Ramsar site in Vietnam.
Take in the amazing scenery that surrounds the lake, from the verdant forests and mountain ranges to the vibrant wildlife and aquatic creatures that thrive in the clear waters.
After spending ample time enjoying the lake and its surroundings, it’s time to say goodbye to this slice of paradise and start your journey back to Hanoi.
We’ll take you along winding roads that snake through mountain passes and offer breathtaking views of the landscape, making sure to stop for a quick lunch in a local restaurant on the way.
You’ll arrive in Hanoi before dark, with plenty of memories and experiences to cherish from your adventure in Ba Be National Park.
- Start tour: 3 days and 2 nights
- End tour: Hanoi
- Duration: Hanoi
- A/C transfer
- Accommodation at homestay
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets and travel permits
- Equipment for kayaking activities
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
What to bring
- Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
- It is essential to bring your passport on this trip.
- We also recommend packing insect repellent.
Booking & Information request
Ask for booking, availability, pricing or general questions about this tour.