Hang En adventure camping in cave 2 days 1 night
- Explore the most beautiful cave of Phong Nha
- Overnight campsite inside the cave next to a lake
- Awesome jungle trek and cave exploring
Select date & options
What to expect
This 2-day-1-night tour to Hang En cave with camping will truly be an unforgettable experience. Hang En Cave is the world’s 3rd largest cave and also the most beautiful cave of Phong Nha. The campsite is beautifully located inside the cave next to a small underground lake.
Day 1: Phong Nha – Ban Doong Village – Hang En
Start your ultimate adventure with a pickup from your hotel in Phong Nha between 8:00 am and 8:30 am. Learn all about safety collect your gear and sign our Release Form before driving 45 mins through the National Park to reach the trailhead. At 10:00 am, leave the road behind for the jungle.
A steep jungle hill starts the journey, with a refreshing river at the bottom. Hike through rich primary forest to reach the Ban Doong minority village, where a hot cup of tea welcomes you. Feast on a picnic lunch which takes place shortly afterwards at about 12:30 – 1:00 pm, near the river. Then it’s back into the jungle, through rivers and streams, and along the river valley until Hang En lays on the horizon.
Enter Hang En around 3 pm, and take a quick rest as the porter team sets up camp on the beach within the cave. For the next couple of hours, complete the adventure by preceding the rest of the way through the cave to the breathtaking exit, a scene made famous in the film Pan. Return to camp through the dry passage to the viewpoint high above camp, where 300 million year old fossils can be seen. Enjoy your downtime relaxing or swimming in the natural pool before a sizzling grilled dinner is served, complete with rice wine and the sounds of swifts overhead.
Day 2: Hang En – Phong Nha
Awake at 8:00 am for breakfast and pack up your belongings. Depart camp at 9:00 am to leave Hang En. Take one last look at the entrance, almost hidden amongst the jungle.
Have lunch with your group from 12:00 – 1:00 pm, and then it’s time to start the journey home. Trek for the next hour along a shady path through the river valley. And then from 2:00 – 4:00 pm, make your way up the hill to the pickup point, where a driver will be waiting to take you back to civilization. Return to Phong Nha between 4:30 – 5:30 pm.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.