Mai Chau & Pu Luong Nature Reserve the lodge experience
Select date & options
What to expect
In this 3 day trip to Pu Luong you explore the best scenery in Vietnam, with beautiful rice fields, waterwheels and local minority villages. Stay overnight in a eco resort with infinity pool.
- See bamboo waterwheels, buffalo’s, local minority villages and stunning rice fields in Pu Luong
- Explore the best nature in Vietnam by trekking and biking
- Learn more about local minority culture
- Stay overnight in an stunning eco resort with infinity pool
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau –Pu Luong (L, D)
Your 3 day tour starts with a pick up from your Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter. A limousine bus will drive you to Mai Chau with a short break on the way.
You will also stop at a local minority market on the Thung Khe Pass. This pass is is very beautiful with view over the valley with rice fields and villages.
At noon you arrive in Mai Chau valley, were lunch is served (Vegetarian is available).
After lunch you visit a local Thai traditional stilt house before biking to some visit villages of the Thai ethnic minority and learn about their daily live and culture. From village to village you will bike between stunning rice fields with an occasionally buffalo on the road.
Stop at the a handcraft village to learn about weaving in traditional way.
At 4:00 PM the limousine van will bring you to Pu Luong Eco Garden in Pu Luong Nature Reserve.
You arrive there at around 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM, to check in your room at enjoy swimming in the infinity pool or walk around to see the village or rice fields.
At 7:00 PM it is dinner time. Often in the evening there is a culture show. Rest of the night free to spend time relaxing or swimming,
Day 2: Pu Luong – Hieu Waterfall full day trek (B,L,D ). (Hard Trek 10kms):
Breakfast is served in the morning between 7:30 AM and 8:30 Am. From the restaurant you can already enjoy great views.
After breakfast it is time to start exploring one of Vietnam’s most impressive nature areas. A van will bring you to the start of your trekking. With your guide you walk over small roads through stunning terrace rice fields and jungle.
You end up at Hieu Waterfall, another beautiful sight. Relax at the waterfall and enjoy your lunch. It is also possible to swim in the waterfall.
At 3:30 PM a van will bring you back to the retreat, were you can relax the rest of the late afternoon.
At 7:00 PM BBQ dinner at the lodge with some local rice wine.
Day 3: Pu Luong – Hanoi (B,L):
Breakfast from 7:30 AM till 8:30 Am.
You will make a shorter trek over small dirt roads through rice fields and crossing streams to visit a remote rural village of the Black Thai minority. Here you can learn more about the local culture and customs.
Next stop on your trekking is the largest cave in Pu Luong Nature Reserve called Bar Cave or Doi Cave.
At 12:00 PM you go back to the Eco Garden Restaurant for lunch.
After lunch you have free time to relax; walk around, swim in the infinity pool or visit the local village.
At 2:00 PM your limousine bus will take you back to Hanoi with a short break on the way.
You arrive Hanoi at around 7:30 PM with a drop off at your hotel.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.