Pu luong Nature Reserve & Ninh Binh 3 day escape
Select date & options
What to expect
In this 3 day trip you discover the natural beauty of Pu Luong Nature Reserve and Ninh Binh. Take a boat trip through kartst mountains, visit the ancient capital and make awesome trekkings through rice fields.
- Views stunning rice fields, bamboo waterwheels and local minority villages
- Explore the best nature in Vietnam by trekking and biking
- Make a boat trip in Trang An and visit Hoa Lu ancient Capital in Ninh Binh
- Stay overnight in an stunning eco resort with infinity pool
Day 1: Hanoi – Pu Luong. (L, D)
Early in the morning between 7:00 AM and 7:30 AM you will be picked up from your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter. A limousine bus will take you to Mau Chau.
On the way you stop at Thung Khe Pass; one of the 10 most beautiful passes in Vietnam. From here you have stunning views over a valley and there is a local minority market you can visit.
At 12:00 PM your arrive in Mai Chau were you transfer to a van that can drive you over the roads of Pu Luong Nature Reserve to drop you off at the stunning Pu Luong Eco Garden – Mountain Retreat.
At 1:00 PM lunch is waiting for you and you can check in to your room.
After lunch a van will bring you to the starting point of your trekking. Follow the small roads through the terrace rice and sugar cane fields, cross hanging bridges and visit remote rural villages of Thai Ethnic minorities.
Stop at the giant waterwheels, ducks farm to learn about the agriculture before getting on a bamboo raft for a relaxing cruise on the Cham stream (cruise depending on weather conditions).
At approximately 5:30 PM a van will bring you back to the eco garden were you can spend the time relaxing or swimming in the infinity pool.
At 7:00 PM there is a BBQ dinner in the lodge with local rice win.
Day 2: Explore Kho Muong village and Doi Cave – Pu Luong Ninh Binh (B,L,D):
Have breakfast in the lodge between 07:00 AM and 08:00 AM.
After breakfast there is a trekking to see more of the amazing rice fields Pu Luong has. Visit remote villages and explore Bat Cave, the biggest cave in Pu Luong.
At 12:00 PM you can back to Eco Garden Retreat, to have lunch, relax and swim in the pool until you depart for Ninh Binh.
The bus to Ninh Binh departs at 2:30 PM, were you arrive at Ninh Binh Retreat around 5:30 PM.
Have dinner at the retreat around 7:00 PM.
Day 3: Cycling to Hoa Lu Ancient Capital and boat ride in Trang An (B,L)
Enjoy breakfast at the retreat between 7:30 AM and 8:30 AM.
After breakfast you go biking to explore the beautiful karst mountains with rice fields and rivers in between.
Your destination to bike to is Hoa Lu. This place used to be the ancient capital of Vietnam. Take time to explore this area, and walk to different temples and hike up to Ma Yen Mountain to visit the King’s tomb with a panoramic view from the mountain.
On the way back, stop at a local family to learn about the daily life and culture and have a tea with them.
Back at the retreat you check out and have lunch.
Next you go to Trang An for a boat trip through some of the most amazing karst mountains in the region. A traditional rowing sampan brings brings you through caves, to temples in a peaceful scenery.
At 4:00 PM you have 3 options:
- Take the bus back to Hanoi and get dropped of at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter at around 7:00 PM
- You get dropped of at the Ninh Binh Railway Station to continue your trip down south
- You get dropped of at the Ninh Binh Bus Station to continue your trip down south
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.