Mai Chau local experience 3 days 2 nights from Hanoi
- Visit one of the most beautiful landscape areas of Vietnam
- Enjoy views of rice fields, waterfalls, mountains and local ethnic minority villages
- Explore the area by biking and hiking
Select date & options
What to expect
Mai Chau is a mountainous district Northwest Vietnam, 140kms away from Hanoi. It is one of the most beautiful landscape areas of Vietnam, with rice fields, waterfalls, mountains and local ethnic minority villages. In this 3 day Mai Chau tour you will get a local experience by staying in homestays and visit local villages and markets, together with breathtaking scenery.
Day 1: Hanoi – Lac Village in Mai Chau (Lunch and dinner included)
8:00 AM: A car and guide pick you up from Hanoi to start your Mai Chau local experience 3 days 2 nights.
Stop at the top of Thung Khe Pass for making pictures of the majestic scenery of the Northwestern mountains as well as visiting the local market to see the products and life stock sold there.
12:00 PM: Arrive in Hoa Ban Homestay (Lac Village number 2 – Mai Chau – Hoa Binh) check in to your accommodation and enjoy lunch with traditional dishes of Thai ethnic group.
Afternoon: Bike tour around Thai villages in Mai Chau Valley to learn about the culture of local people.
Visit a traditional brocade weaving workshop and learn about textile production in Mai Chau.
Attend a workshop of dyeing natural fabrics with the workers at the textile factory.
Go back to homestay. Together with the owner of the homestay prepare typical Thai dinner (you will learn how to cook local rice and traditional barbecue).
7:00 PM: Traditional dinner with music and dances of the Thai ethnic group.
Opportunity to dance/sing with the Thai men and women in the stalls.
Try the authentic wine (Ruou can) to feel warm affection at Mai Chau people.
Overnight at Hoa Ban (private space, hot shower, free wifi)
Day 2: Lac Village – Pa Co (Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
07:00 AM: Welcome the new day and have breakfast at Hoa Ban Homestay.
Check out and continue the journey to visit a local markets (only on Sundays) in Pa Co village – about 40 km from Mai Chau town. Pa Co market still preserves the tradition of ethnic markets in the northwestern region where the Hmong people sell their authentic products such as woven cloths which have been dyed natural indigo, hoes, knives, Hmong dresses full of colors, hand embroidery pieces of all sizes and farm products. If you visit the market in the right season, you will have opportunity to enjoy fresh plum or peach that are picked from early morning.
Buy souvenirs and go deep in the village to check in at the local homestay. After visiting and exploring the homestay area you will enjoy a traditional Hmong lunch.
Afternoon: Discover the beauty of the Hmong ethnic group. Wear traditional dresses and visit the a garden, a peach garden, a plum garden or visit the ancient tea trees that have existed in the village for more than 300 years.
Try to blow in the leaves (a traditional musical instrument) with a young man of Hmong village.
6:30 PM: Traditional dinner of H’mong ethnic group in a warm atmosphere. Enjoy a cup of corn wine or dance and play a flute with the local people here.
Overnight at Homestay (private space, hot shower, free wifi)
Day 3: Pa Co – Hanoi (Breakfast included)
07:00: Teapot and breakfast at Homestay.
Learn about the traditional handicraft of drawing beeswax and dyeing indigo with local people and learn more about their traditional culture.
09:30: Say goodbye to the owner of Homestay and go back to Hanoi. End of the program.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.