Mai Chau minority village trekking tour
- Learn more about the local minority cultures
- Enjoy amazing views of rice fields and mountains
Select date & options
What to expect
In the beautiful Mai Chau valley between the rice terraces, jungle and mountains are small ethnic minority villages situated. The people that live here have their own culture, language, food and festivals. The best way to learn more about their culture and to see the amazing landscape is the Mai Chau minority village trekking tour.
A local guide will pick you up from you accommodation in Mai Chau and you will start your Mai Chau trekking around Lac village – the main touristic spot in Mai Chau.
Then you will walk through other villages between rice fields and bamboo forest, visit the local museum of Thai Culture and take a rest next to a small waterfall.
After that you will walk to Mai Chau town market where you can see the locals trading and buy yourself some necessary items or fresh seasonal fruits from local farmers.
You will continue the Mai Chau trekking to two other villages, taking pictures of beautiful scenery and daily life of Thai people.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.