Hoa Binh Lake explore tour from Mai Chau
- Explore Hoa Binh Lake, the biggest artificial lake in Vietnam
- Enjoy great view from the boat ride
- Visit caves, islands and temples
- Cool of with a swim in the lake
Select date & options
What to expect
Explore Hoa Binh Lake, the biggest artificial lake in Vietnam by boat. Visit caves, islands, temples and a enjoy cool place to swim.
After breakfast a local guide and driver will pick you up from your accommodation in Mai Chau.
Hoa Binh Lake as known as Da River has a varied landscape, with terrain divided by many rivers, slots, streams… There are 47 small Islands in Hoa Binh lake, 11 of which are limestone, 116 hectares and 36 island mountain lands with an area of 157.5 hectares.
You will float on a boat about one hour towards the Island of a holy shrine – Bà Chúa Thác Bờ Temple. This temple is a place of worship and gratitude to a woman named Dinh Thi Van, she was supporting King Le Loi army during the war.
After observing the temple you will continue floating to another island and visit Thác Bờ Cave. Inside the cave there is a large statue of Buddha, avalokitesvara Bodhisattva and the gods ruled this region. The place also has the altar of Uncle Ho. Thac Bo Temple and Thac Bo Cave both have become favorite spiritual tourism destinations of pilgrims, due to their amazing natural scenery. In 2009, Thac Bo cave has been recognized by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism as a national monument.
After that you will stop for lunch on our boat, away from the noise of people, only surrounded by nature and clean water. After lunch and rest you can swim right on the lake (there is the protection of the float in a swimming pool).
You will float on the boat more and arrive back to the dock. From the boat dock a car driver will bring you back to your accommodation in Mai Chau.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.