The Mai Chau loop
- Visit the two best viewpoints in Mai Chau
- Drive through local villages and along the largest artificial lake in Southeast Asia
- Enjoy a cool dip in a beautiful waterfall
What to expect
In this Mai Chau loop you explore the area around the towns and visit some of the most beautiful sights, including the famous viewpoint, the Thung Khe Pass, the Go Lao waterfall and Hoa Binh Lake.
This loop around Mai Chau takes half a day an can start either in the morning or afternoon by a pick up from a local guide. The first point you visit is Mai Chau viewpoint, with the best views in all of Mai Chau over flat rice paddies and towering mountains.
You continue driving through the mountains of Thung Khe Pass and stop for a break with local tea and snacks at another view point. While you can relax on a bamboo floor at a local style restaurant you can enjoy the amazing views over the valley and mountains.
After that you go down to a valley you have just seen. The narrow road passes through picturesque villages and corn plantations. Buffalo families will greet you with their lazily chewing faces. The cozy landscapes will suddenly give way to a breathtaking view of Hoa Binh Lake. This vast lake overflowed between mountains and has a depth about 100 meters. Try to imagine this depth when you look at the special color of the surface of Hoa Binh lake. The Mường and Thai people who live on the lakeside are known for their fishing skills. You can see their fishponds float between islands on the lake.
Toward the end of the trip, you can take a refreshing dip in the Go Lao waterfall. After all that fun and experience you will go back your accommodation and that’s how your Mai Chau loop ends.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
There are no reviews yet.