Ha Giang loop tour
- Driving the Ha Giang loop is the best experience you can do in Vietnam
- Choose either on the back of a motorbike (adventurous option) or by jeep (comfortable option) – both private tours
- Explore the most remote villages and markets and learn more about the unique minorities living in the mountains.
- Behold the most impressive views of mountains and passes in Southeast Asia; lots of stunning photo oppurtunities
- Local experience staying in a homestay and eating in local restaurants
- Local English speaking guides that can stop whenever you want
What to expect
- Start tour: Ha Giang City (Hanoi optional)
- End tour: Ha Giang City (Hanoi optional)
- Duration: 3 – 6 days
- All accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- All meals mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals and services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
How many days is it best to follow the Ha Giang loop?
Ha Giang is the most impressive region in Vietnam. Here you will find the most beautiful mountains and the most authentic minority villages. You will regret here if you fall short; the longer the better. But Ha Giang was not developed for tourism, so this also means that accommodations and restaurants are very basic. This gives a more authentic feeling, but can also take some people out of their comfort zone.
What is the quality of the accommodation in the tour?
Ha Giang is not developed for tourism, which means that you will usually stay in simple homestays. A very authentic experience, but not a luxury either. All accommodations have a private room and hot showers. During winter we use more hotels, due to some homestays can get very cold in this period.
What do I do with all my luggage?
You can leave your bulky luggage at the office in Ha Giang City or at your hotel in Hanoi and bring only your essentials. No problem to bring backpacks on the motorcycle. They are located on the back of the bike, so you don’t have to hold it. Suitcases are not possible on the motorcycle. If you are taking the car there is room for suitcases.
How safe is a motorcycle tour in Ha Giang?
There is little traffic in Ha Giang, but the roads are winding through mountain passes and are sometimes of poor quality. But the guides on the motorcycle (Easy Riders) are professional drivers who have done this journey countless times. They can guarantee your safety and let you enjoy a great experience without worry.
Can I drive a motorcycle myself?
It is possible to drive in Ha Giang loop yourself, however we do not offer this option for the following reason: officially it is illegal to drive a motorcycle without a Vietnamese motorcycle license in Vietnam; this also means that your insurance will not fully cover you in the event of an accident. If you do not have much experience or if you are not a confident driver, we do not recommend that you drive yourself.
Is there a minimum age for being on the back of a motorbike?
Minimum age guidelines exist, but it is more important for children to be confident and fit on the back of the bike. Contact us for more information.
Has the route been established?
You can talk to the guide if you want to change anything in the Ha Giang loop. The guide can change the plan within the possibilities of time, weather and distance.
What about the weather? Can I do the Ha Giang loop all year round?
The weather in the mountains can be difficult to predict, but even when it rains you can still follow the Ha Giang motor loop. Your luggage is protected against rain with a rain cover. Even if the weather isn’t perfect, this trip is still one of the best experiences you can do in Vietnam.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.