Hoi An Town is an exceptionally well-preserved trading port from the 15th to the 19th centuries. It is also known for the most atmospheric city in Vietnam, or perhaps even in the whole of Southeast Asia. The city is full of picturesque historic houses, pagodas and cafes. It is extremely popular to buy handmade clothing. But even if you do not want to shop, Hoi An provides a relaxing destination in an otherwise hectic country. After all, a day at the beach is just a 20-minute bike ride from the city.
5 reasons to visit Hoi An
- Visit the most atmospheric old town of Vietnam.
- Cycle through green rice fields through the countryside.
- Relax on one of the beaches.
- Explore the city in the evening with lanterns illuminating the street.
- Take a day trip to My Son or Cham island.