Sapa day trekking with hotel & sightseeing – 2 days
- Go on a great 1-day trekking tour through the terraced rice fields and authentic villages
- Stay overnight in a comfortable hotel
- Take a trip over the Tram Ton Pass, the highest mountain pass in Vietnam
- Learn about the local culture of the ethnic minorities
Day 0: Hanoi – Sapa
To enhance your travel experience and save some daylight hours, we offer a sleeper train option for your journey from Hanoi to Sapa.
You will be traveling on the Dream Train Express, which is a comfortable tourist train. With this option, you will have a sleeper berth in a 4-berth cabin, complete with bedding provided. The train cabin is air-conditioned and decorated in the local style of Sapa. Additionally, you can store your luggage under the berth for convenience.
SP3: Depart Hanoi – Lao Cai: (22:00 – 05:55)
- The bunk berths are pretty comfortable, but if you’re over 6 foot (1.83cm) you won’t be able to fully stretch out, if you are over 6 foot or (1.85cm) you might pull your legs a bit, however the ride is comfortable but it can be noisy of the train track is a bit bumpy ride.
- If you like to have a snack during the night, it is best to bring your own.
Alternative transfers Hanoi - Sapa
If you do not like to travel by sleeper train, we can offer the following alternative options.
Alternative 1. VIP sleeper bus
Travel by comfortable VIP sleeper bus from Hanoi to Sapa and arrive in Sapa by 5 AM.
Alternative 2. Limousine day bus + 1 extra night Sapa
If you prefer to avoid traveling at night, this is the best option for you. You will arrive in Sapa between 12 PM and 1 PM, allowing for some leisure time in the afternoon, and an extra night’s stay in Sapa.
Alternative 3. Private transfer or travel from other destinations
If you require a personalized transfer, for example, from a location other than Hanoi or a private transfer, kindly reach out to us, and we will gladly make arrangements to accommodate your needs.
Day 1: Sapa
Upon arrival at Lao Cai train station, a minibus will be readily available to take you to your destination in Sapa. You can also take advantage of our shower facilities and luggage storage services in Sapa before having breakfast.
Our journey begins at the hotel where we board a jeep, bus, or motorbike and travel through the main connecting road of Sapa Town. This route boasts stunning scenery, and we make a stop at Silver Waterfall, which is especially beautiful during the rainy season. Take your time to capture the perfect picture of the waterfall.
Afterwards, we head towards the Tram Tom Pass, the highest pass in Vietnam. From this vantage point, you can enjoy a panoramic view of the valley and the winding road leading to the villages of Binh Lu and Lai Chau. There will be ample time to take pictures and soak in the breathtaking view before returning to Sapa.
The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore Sapa town. You can wander through the street and local market, hike up to the viewpoint over Ham Rung mountain, take the cable car to the top of Fansipan mountain or take a leisurely stroll to Cat Cat village.
Day 2: Sapa - Hanoi
After breakfast you will start a beautiful trekking through the famous rice fields of Sapa. Along the way you will visit authentic villages of local hill tribes (ethnic minorities), where you will learn more about their local culture. For the draw you have 3 choices:
Option 1: Standard trekking
- Route: Y Linh Ho – Lao Cai – Ta Van
- Difficulty: Easy – Medium
This is one of our most popular treks. The route takes you to villages in the Muong Hoa Valley, inhabited by a variety of ethical minorities, including Black H’mong and Zay. We move over back roads and local paths between the terraced rice fields.
Option 2: Private trekking
- Route: Giang Ta Chai – Su Phan – Ban Ho
- Difficulty: Easy – Medium
The popularity of this trek lies in the fact that the traveler continues down the valley to the village of Ban Ho. The scenery is beautiful and at Ban Ho there is the opportunity to meet people from the Tay minority. It is one of the easier walks where part of the trek follows the main route on the paved road that winds its way through the valley and is therefore particularly suitable for families with children.
Option 3: Off track to be beaten (private)
- Route: Su Phan – Ban Ho – Thanh Pu
- Difficulty: Medium – Difficult
The main draw of the trek is the fact that it explores an area further through the valley that does not receive many visitors. The walk will take you to two Tay villages: the Tay village of Ban Ho and, after a walk through rice terraces and closed roads, the Tay village of Thanh Phu.
After the trek, you will be transferred back to the hotel in Sapa.
Rest and enjoy dinner in the evening. After that you will be brought back to the train station for the train back to Hanoi.
- VIP Sleeper bus
- Limousine bus by day + 1 extra night in Sapa
- Private transfer or alternative destination (ex. Ha Giang)
- Start tour: Hanoi station
- End tour: Hanoi station
- Duration: 2 days and 3 nights
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Local guide
- Transport on site
- Overnight stays
- Trekking tour
- Sightseeing tour around Sapa by car
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
On the other hand, a multi-day trekking tour in Sapa usually involves longer hikes, often 6-8 hours per day, and may visit several villages and more remote areas. These tours require a higher level of physical fitness and endurance, but offer a more immersive and authentic experience of the local culture and landscape.
A multi-day trekking includes a stay in a homestay with an ethnic minority, providing a unique experience. However, due to the limited comfort, it may not be suitable for everyone
Booking & Information request
Ask for booking, availability, pricing or general questions about this tour.