Da Nang is a vibrant city located on the central coast of Vietnam, known for its beautiful beaches, rich history, and delicious local cuisine. Hoi An, on the other hand, is a charming and historic town just a short drive away, with well-preserved architecture, cultural landmarks, and a laid-back atmosphere. Traveling from Da Nang to Hoi An is a must-do experience to explore the best of Central Vietnam’s culture and scenery.
There are several transportation options to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An, including bus, taxi, motorbike, and private car. The most convenient way to travel between these two cities is by taxi or private car, which takes around 30-45 minutes. Another popular option is to rent a motorbike or bicycle and enjoy the scenic coastal route between Da Nang and Hoi An.
How to get From Da Nang to Hoi An
Your options for traveling From Da Nang to Hoi An
To get from Da Nang to Hoi An by bus, you can go to the Da Nang Central Bus Station and take a local bus or shuttle bus, which runs frequently throughout the day. The journey takes about 45 minutes to an hour, and the fare is around 30,000 to 40,000 VND (approximately 1-2 USD). Alternatively, you can book a private shuttle bus or minivan, which may cost around 150,000 to 200,000 VND (around 7-9 USD) per person.
- Cheap option for budget travelers.
- Plenty of buses available throughout the day.
- Scenic route with views of the coastline and countryside.
- Can be crowded and uncomfortable.
- Limited space for luggage.
- Possible delays due to traffic or weather conditions.
You can hire a private car or taxi to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An. The journey takes around 30-45 minutes depending on traffic.
Here are the steps to get from Da Nang to Hoi An by private car:
- You can book a private car or taxi online, through your hotel or at the airport.
- The driver will pick you up at your preferred location in Da Nang.
- The journey takes around 30-45 minutes depending on traffic and the route taken.
- The driver will drop you off at your preferred location in Hoi An.
Note: It's important to agree on the price before starting the journey to avoid any surprises at the end.
- More comfortable and flexible than bus or taxi.
- Can stop along the way for sightseeing or taking pictures.
- Can be faster than bus, depending on traffic.
- More expensive than bus or taxi.
- Requires a valid driver's license and experience driving in Vietnam.
- May have difficulty finding parking in Hoi An's crowded city center.
The easiest way to get from Da Nang to Hoi An by motorbike is to rent a motorbike in Da Nang and drive yourself.
The route is well-paved and signposted, with beautiful scenery along the way. However, be aware that traffic can be heavy and chaotic, and driving a motorbike requires experience and skill.
- Flexible schedule and route.
- Affordable and accessible rental options.
- Scenic route with opportunities for stops along the way.
- Risk of accidents or injuries while riding.
- Limited storage for luggage and belongings.
- Not suitable for travelers who are not comfortable with driving a motorbike.