Mu Cang Chai tour - 4 day trekking & homestay experience
Select date & options
What to expect
In this 4 day Mu Cang Chai tour you discover the most beautiful terraced rice fields of Vietnam. Drive over the exciting Khau Pha Pass to arrive in a stunning fairy tail landscape of local minorities and rice fields.
- Explore the most stunning rice fields of Vietnam in this Mu Cang Chai tour
- Learn more about the local hill tribe minorities and stay overnight in homestays
- Driver over the exciting Khau Pha Pass
Day 1: Hanoi – Nghia Lo (L/D)
Your Mu Cang Chai tour starts from Hanoi, with a pick up around 8:30 AM at your hotel. You get driven out of the hustle and bustle of Hanoi, to arrive in the countryside of northwest Vietnam, heading to the province of Yen Bai.
In the early afternoon you arrive at your homestay in Nghia Lo village. Check in to your room and have lunch at the traditional stilt house.
Later in the afternoon you start a bike tour to explore the scenic area. Bike through small local minority villages and enjoy the scenery of rice fields and mountains.
Arrive back at the homestay for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Nghia Lo – Tu Le – Mu Cang Chai (B/L/D)
After breakfast you leave the homestay and head to Tu Le village, situated in a beautiful valley just at the foot of the infamous Khau Pha Pass.
Arriving in the village you get ready for a short trekking through the valley with rice fields and visiting local villages on the way. A great opportunity to take pictures and meet the local minorities.
Your trekking ends back in the village for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch you drive over the Khau Pha Pass, one of the 4 greatest mountain passes in Northern Vietnam. Enjoy epic views from the pass over the valley with stunning terraced rice fields, especially during harvest season. On the way there are plenty of photo opportunities.
You arrive in Mu Cang Chai in the late afternoon, were you will check in to your homestay.
Make a easy short trekking to a village of the Thai ethnic minority at the foot of a mountain close by.
Have dinner and sty overnight in the homestay.
Day 3: Mu Cang Chai Full Day Trekking (B/L/D)
Your Mu Cang Chai trekking tour starts after breakfast with a transfer to the beginning of a trail. Your trekking goes from Kim Noi to Che Cu Nha around 16 km.
This is an amazing trekking through some of the best terraced rice fields in Mu Cang Chai. Make plenty of photos and visit some local hill tribe minority villages of the Hmong people, hidden between the mountains.
Your Mu Cang Chai trekking tour ends arounf 4:00 PM with a pick up that brings you back to your homestay for dinner and to spend the last night.
Day 4: Mu Cang Chai – Hanoi (B/L)
After breakfast you check out of the homestay and get transferred back to Hanoi. On the way there is a stop for lunch in the afternoon.
Before going back to Hanoi, there is a last stop at Duong Lam Acient Village. Discover the old traditional buildings, that are build hundred of years ago, including houses, temples and bridges.
Your 4 day Mu Cang Chai tour ends back in Hanoi with a drop off at your hotel.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.