Duong Lam ancient village private day tour from Hanoi
What to expect
Discover the old streets of Duong Lam ancient village by private day tour from Hanoi, to learn about the history and culture of Vietnam. Walk and bike around to visit some ancients houses and observe the daily life of the locals.
- Discover a remaining typical village in Red River Delta dating back to 400 years ago with old houses and temples
- Cycle to observe daily village life and rural landscape
Your private day tour to Duong Lam ancient village starts with a pick up from Hanoi.
After around a 1.5 hour drive you reach the village on the outskirts of Hanoi and time to explore the old houses and temples. Visit some historic homes and meet and talk to the owners.
Duong Lam ancient village dates back to 400 years ago. Most of the buildings are made of laterite and mud, two of the most abundant materials in the area. Here they also do wet rice farming, one of the last places in northern Vietnam. The ancient houses are run by families who have lived and worked here for generations and they are happy to tell you about their life in this stunning and peaceful setting.
After walking around you continue by bicycle. Bike through the village and observe the everyday life up-close and personal.
You will also visit some ancient temples and pagoda’s, including Mia Pagoda from the 15th-century, with 287 statues of varying sizes.
In the beginning of the afternoon you can enjoy lunch, that is served from a fixed menu at a local house.
Your private tour to Duong Lam ancient village ends back with a drive back to your hotal in Hanoi at around 4:00 PM.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.