Hanoi city tour - Historical sights & Cyclo ride
Select date & options
What to expect
In this Hanoi City tour you discover some of the famous historical sights, such as residential Palace, One Pillar Pagoda and the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. Enjoy a cyclo ride while exploring the small streets of Hanoi Old Quarter.
- Explore the 1000-year old capital of Vietnam
- Visit some historical and cultural sights to learn more about the history and traditions of Hanoi
- Witness the daily life of locals by cyclo
Your Hanoi city tour starts at 8:00 AM.
The first stop in your Hanoi city tour is Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. This massive square building is the last resting place of the most famous leader that Vietnam ever had: Ho Chi Minh. Also referred to Uncle Ho, led the Vietnam campaign to be independent from French colonial rule and later played a prime tole in the Vietnam War.
You will learn more about the Ho Chi Minh and the French colonial rule on the palace grounds. Here you will find the Presidential Palace, built during the French rule and Ho Chi Minh’s Stilt House, a very modest and small house were Ho Chi Minh lived during the war.
In this area you can also visit the One Pillar Pagoda, is a historic Buddhist temple and one of the two most iconic temples in Vietnam.
Next you will go to the Temple of Literature, an 11th century relic, built in tribute to the Chinese scholar Confucius. It is also the first university of Vietnam, were now still Vietnamese students come to get good luck.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, your Hanoi city tour continues with a visit to the Museum of Ethnology. Here you will learn more about the 54 ethnic groups of Vietnam. Each ethnic minority has their own culture, language, events and some live as hill tribes in the mountains or jungle.
After about 1.5 hour, you go to Hoan Kiem lake and visit the small island in the middle of the lake with the Ngoc Son Temple. Your guide will tell you the legendary story about the lake, the emperor and the magic sword from a giant turtle.
Enjoy a one hour cyclo tour through the small streets of Hanoi Old Quarter. A fun way to discover this old part of town, while you feel part of the daily life between all the traffic and seeing the small shops.
After your cyclo tour the Hanoi City tour ends.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.