Ninh Binh 2 day experience: Hoa Lu, Mua Cave, Tam Coc, cooking class & local market
What to expect
In this two day trip to Ninh Binh you experience the beautiful countryside, with a stunning rowing boat trip in Tam Coc, biking through the rice fields and walking up to the best viewpoint.
- Learn more about the local culture and history at Hoa Lu and Bich Dong Pagoda.
- Enjoy a boat trip between rice fields and impressive mountains
- Visit a local market and join a cooking class
- Walk to the top for the best viewpoint in Ninh Binh
Day 1: Visit Hoa Lu Ancient Citadel – Cycling to Mua Cave – Cooking class, overnight at Tam Coc Bungalow (L/D)
From 8:00 – 8:30 your guide and bus picks you up from your hotel in Hanoi and drives to Ninh Binh, with on the way a stop for a short break to stretch your legs.
First stop is a visit to Hoa Lu Ancient Citadel were you can visit some ancient buildings and temples.
Next you will go to Tam Coc for a Vietnamese buffet lunch.
In the afternoon you take the bike to ride to Mua cave, with on the way great views of the surrounding area.
You walk to the top of the mountain for some spectacular views of the valley below.
Cycle to your place to stay and check in to your bungalow. Attend a Cooking class in how to make Vietnamese cakes and swim before the dinner is served around 7:00 PM.
After dinner you can enjoy the night at the pool or bar.
Day 2: Local market – boat trip in Tam Coc – Cycling to Bich Dong – Hanoi (B/L)
Join sunrise Tai Chi at 6:30 AM, before breakfast is served.
In the morning you will visit a local market to see how local people exchanging goods; a great place to learn more about the culture and to make photos.
After this you will enjoy an exciting boat trip on the Ngo Dong river with traditional sampan boat in Tam Coc. You will be peddled through stunning rice fields and caves while surrounded by impressive karst mountains.
You finish the boat trip and go back to the accommodation to check out, clear the bill and have an authentic lunch made by the house chef.
In the afternoon, you bike through peaceful villages with rice fields.
The bike ride will bring you to Bich Dong Pagoda surrounded by a lotus lake. Walk to the top to visit a temple is a cave and nice views.
Before going back on the bus there is an afternoon tea to highlight a great day. The bus will drive you back to Hanoi were you will arive around 7:00 PM.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.