Mekong Lodge local experience 2 days 1 night
Select date & options
What to expect
Day 1: Check in Mekong Lodge (Lunch, Dinner)
Depart from Ho Chi Minh city (on your own arrangement or as add on) to Cai Be.
Arrive in Cai Be, were you will be greeted at the harbor. Here you go on a boat that takes you deeper in to the Mekong Delta to Mekong Lodge.
Check in to your bungalow.
Lunch is served in a nice restaurant from a Vietnamese day-menu.
Bike trip to Tan Phong island. Visit some local handicraft places were they make things like banana leaves hammock and thatched from water coconut leaves, daily house products being made from water hyacinth. You can also do some free local fruit tasting and listening to Vietnamese folk music.
Then take a short rowing boat trip through small canals.
Back at the Mekong Lodge there is a cooking demonstration were you learn some of the basics of the Vietnamese cuisine.
In the evening there is dinner in the restaurant, with the riverside Bar that stays open until mid-night.
Day 2: Check out Mekong Lodge (Breakfast)
07:00 AM – 08:00 AM: breakfast in the restaurant.
08:00 AM: Boat trip to Cai Be floating market.
After that you visit a handicraft village.
Next you go back to Mekong Lodge.
11:30 AM: Check out and clear the bill at the reception.
12:00 PM: A boat will bring you back to Cai Be harbor.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.