Go by speedboat from Ho Chi Minh City to Ben Tre in the Mekong Delta. Enjoy some typical Southern Vietnamese’s activities such as: traditional music, cycling on village roads, rowing a boat through the canals of the delta, savouring honey tea, Mekong vodka as well as a gourmet lunch on Ben Tre island.
- Speedboat is the best way to go to the Mekong Delta and skip the traffic
- Discover the smaller canals of the delta by rowing sampan.
- Learn more about local life by walking and biking through villages and orchards.
07:30 am: The Mekong Delta speedboat tour starts with a pick up at your hotel and being transferred to Tan Cang pier.
08:00 am: Depart by luxury speedboat to Ben Tre in the Mekong Delta. On the boat you can enjoy a light breakfast of The Pat’ a Chou cake with water, while enjoying the fresh air and see the daily life of locals living along the river banks.
08:45 am: Arriving in Ben Tre in the (real) Mekong Delta Area.
- Try some typical fruits from the region and and keep cruising through Ben Tre province.
- Experience the peaceful atmosphere on the water water by rowing a sampan boat to explore the small canals with a conical hat to protect you from the weather.
- Taste special snake/ scorpion wine (optional).
- Learn more about the local plantations and their “friendly” bees.
- Enjoy a cup of honey tea from local family recipe.
- Listen to the Southern traditional folk music was handed down for over 100 years (listed by UNESCO as intangible cultural heritage of the world – Don Ca Tai Tu).
- Get on the Vietnamese Lambro tuk-tuk (vehicle using for schools and works), and ride in the winding village road to see the local houses & gardens.
- Visit a small family business of coconut candies.
01:00 pm: Cruise to Diem Phuong restaurant and enjoy a Vietnamese traditional lunch with 7 courses: Elephant-Ear fish (one very special dish in Mekong Delta), rice-paper served with fish sauce and other dishes.
02:00 pm: Finish lunch and head to Saigon.
04:00 pm: Arrive back in Ho Chi Minh City to be dropped off at your hotel.