Authentic Mekong Delta tour (My Tho)
What to expect
In this tour you will visit the more off the beaten track destinations in the Mekong Delta, making it a more authentic experience. Explore a local island, go by rowing sampan through small canals en bike through the countryside.
- Exploring a peaceful Island– hardly visited by other tourists.
- Taking a bicycle and motorcycle to discover the countryside.
- Rowing sampan along the wonderful canal without tourist.
- Visit some local coconut workshops.
The day starts with a pick up from your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City (district 1). A comfortable minivan will bring you south to My Tho in Tien Giang province (around 90 km ~ 2 hours).
Arriving in the Mekong Delta you start exploring a small and uncovered island, located between two rivers. These two rivers, Dại River and Tieu River, have six months per year fresh water and the other six months salty water.
Because the island is hardly visited by tourist, this place feels very authentic and the villagers are happy to show you their way of life .You will see how they live off the land, how they grown Dragon Fruit, find out the uses of water coconut tree and try a fresh chilli (if you dare!).
Explore the smaller waterways in a sampan.
Make a bicycle ride through the countryside.
Your tour end back in Ho Chi Minh City at around 5:00 – 5:30 pm.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.