Fansipan climbing tour – Climb Sapa’s mountain in 2 days
- Climb Fansipan, the highest mountain in Vietnam and Indochina, in 2 or 3 days.
- With porter and local guide to accompany you
- Enjoy beautiful views from the mountain and Vietnam’s highest mountain pass
Day 0: Hanoi – Sapa
Your Fansipan climbing tour starts from Hanoi where you take a sleeper train to Sapa to save your daylight travel time.
In the comfortable Dream Train Express you get a 4-berth cabin, including bedding and air-conditioning.
If you prefer not to travel by sleeper train, we also offer alternatives:
- VIP Sleeper bus
- Limousine bus by day + 1 extra night in Sapa
- Private transfer
SP3: Depart Hanoi – Lao Cai: (22:00 – 05:55)
- The bunk berths are pretty comfortable, but if you’re over 6 foot (1.83cm) you won’t be able to fully stretch out, if you are over 6 foot or (1.85cm) you might pull your legs a bit, however the ride is comfortable but it can be noisy of the train track is a bit bumpy ride.
- If you like to have a snack during the night, it is best to bring your own.
Day 1: Sapa - Fansipan climbing tour
Arriving at the Lao Cai station early in the morning, you will be met to be taken to Sapa.
In Sapa, breakfast will be prepared for you before you start your Sapa Fansipan climbing adventure.
You will meet the local H’mong guide (s) and porters on day 1 after breakfast. From here you take a minibus (17 km) to Tran Tom Pass, the highest pass in Vietnam, located at 2100 meters above sea level. The journey to the pass gives spectacular views of the mountains, including Fansipan and the Moung Hua Valley below.
Reaching the top of the pass, there are equally spectacular views of the other side of the valley, and you can take the winding road that goes through the mountains to Binh Lu village and Lai Chau. Our real trek starts at this point and we trek through primitive jungle and bamboo forest for about six hours.
You enjoy a picnic lunch at a suitable place on the way.
After lunch you continue your Fansipan climbing tour by hiking through the forest and on mountain paths. On reaching your accommodation for the night (quite basic), at an altitude of about 2200 meters, the porters and guide will prepare the evening meal.
Overnight stay on Fansipan mountain.
Day 2: Fansipan - Sapa - Hanoi
You have breakfast in the camp. After this you continue climbing Fansipan to the top through pine and yellow bamboo forests. It takes about 4-5 hours of fairly strenuous climbing to reach the top
You spend between 30 minutes to 1 hour at the top, enough time to enjoy the breathtaking view. Looking northwest from the top you can see the small villages of Lai Chau province and the northeast the view over Sapa and beyond.
You have a picnic lunch near the top.
Next you can decide how to continue your Fansipan climbing tour:
Option 1: Cable car
To be able to climb Fansipan mountain in 2 days, you will take the cable car down to Sapa town. From here you have the late afternoon to rest and be taking to the train station at night to go back to Hanoi.
Option 2: The hike down + 1 extra night
Return via the same route to your first night camp where you can enjoy an evening meal and settle in for the night.
The next day you need about half a day to walk to the end point where a car is waiting to take you back to Sapa. Get some rest before being transferred back to the train station to catch the sleeper train back to Hanoi.
- Hiking down
- Take the cable car
- Start tour: Hanoi Station
- End tour: Hanoi Station
- Duration: 2 days – 3 nights
- Meals (B = Breakfast – L = Lunch – D = Dinner)
- Train from Hanoi to Lao Cai and Lao Cai back to Hanoi
- Transfers between Sapa and the train station in Lao Cai
- Local guide
- Transport on site
- Overnight stays
- Climbing tour
- All camping gear
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Transportation from Hanoi to the train station
What to bring
- Good walking shoes
- Money for own expenses
- Protection from the sun (hat / sunscreen) or rain (raincoat) – Tip: check the weather forecast
- Clothing and toiletries
- Small rucksack/backpack for hiking and day trips
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
If you are not, we always recommend making a trekking through the rice fields. The terraced rice fields here are unique in the world and you simply have to see them. In addition, during a trekking you will also see villages of ethnic minorities, which gives a beautiful insight into these unique cultures.
Booking & Information request
Ask for booking, availability, pricing or general questions about this tour.