Climb Sapa Fansipan mountain in 2 days
- Climb Fansipan, the highest point in Vietnam and Indochina, in 2 or 3 days.
- With porter and local guide to accompany you
- Enjoy beautiful views from the mountain and Vietnam’s highest mountain pass
What to expect
Climb Fansipan, the highest point in Vietnam and Indochina, in 2 or 3 days. With a professional guide and porter, go up the mountain and enjoy beautiful views along the way.
Night 1: Hanoi night train
Make your own way to Hanoi Train Station.
Take the night train to Lao Cai. Overnight on the train is based on a bed in a shared 4-bed cabin. For a complete private cabin you need to contact us.
Day 1: Climbing Fansipan
Arriving at the Lao Cai station early in the morning, you will be met to be taken to Sapa.
In Sapa, breakfast will be prepared for you before you start your Sapa adventure.
We will meet our local H’mong guide (s) and porters on Day 1 after breakfast. From here we take a minibus (17 km) to Tran Tom Pass, the highest pass in Vietnam, located at 2100 meters above sea level. The journey to the pass gives spectacular views of the mountains, including Fansipan and the Moung Hua Valley below.
Reaching the top of the pass, there are equally spectacular views of the other side of the valley, and you can take the winding road that goes through the mountains to Binh Lu village and Lai Chau. Our real trek starts at this point and we trek through primitive jungle and bamboo forest for about six hours. We enjoy a picnic lunch at a suitable place on the way.
After lunch we continue hiking through the forest and on mountain paths. On reaching our accommodation (quite basic) for the night, at an altitude of about 2200 meters, the porters and guide will prepare the evening meal.
Day 2: Climbing Fansipan
We have breakfast in our camp. After this we continue the climb to the top through pine and yellow bamboo forests. It takes about 4-5 hours of fairly strenuous climbing to reach the top.
We spend between 30 minutes to 1 hour at the top, enough time to enjoy the breathtaking view. Looking northwest from the top you can see the small villages of Lai Chau province and the northeast the view over Sapa and beyond.
We will have our picnic lunch near the top, before returning by the same route to our first night camp where we will enjoy an evening meal and sit down for the night.
Option 2: Cable car down
After climbing the top, take the cable car down where you will be picked up and returned to Sapa.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
There are no reviews yet.