Biking to My Son Sanctuary and countryside
Select date & options
What to expect
An amazing way to discover My Son Sanctuary is by bike. Instead of being in a bus for a couple of hours, you cycle through the beautiful countryside on back roads. This shows you a unique view of how locals live and a step back in history by visiting the ancient temples.
- Enjoy a full day biking trip to My Son, through the beautiful countryside
- Time to exploring the ancient ruins of My Son
- Include pick up transfer in city and picnic lunch
- Professional and licensed guides
Around 8:00 am you will be picked up from your hotel and start with a ride through the Ancient town of Hoi An to a boat. This boat will take you over the Thu Bon River to Cam Kim carpentry village. The boat ride takes just a short 5 minutes, but is very scenic.
At the village you will see everything is made from wood; from handicrafts to the construction of massive wooden hull of boats.
From this village you start biking over dirt footpaths and cycle through lots of farms and fields. In between these villages and farms, you see beautiful large open rice paddy fields in all kind of shades of green.
Around half way, 23 kilometres, there is a stop for a short break with fresh fruit.
When you are in decent shape, there should be no problem in the last 20 kilometers biking, with small rivers and impressive farms that are dotted against the hills along the way.
Depending how fast you are biking, you will arrive in My Son Sanctuary at about 12:30 pm and 1:00 pm. There is a picnic lunch at My Son, or a shaded place area along the road.
There is around 1.5 hours’ time to visit the temples, but just take your time and see everything at your own speed.
A vehicle will bring you back to Hoi An. You are back at your hotel in Hoi An between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.