Hoi An biking through the countryside
Select date & options
What to expect
Enjoy a beautiful bike ride through Hoi An’s countryside, with rice paddies, across rivers and through small villages. It is easy cycling over flat terrain but on cool road and back ways. You head well off of the beaten track and get the tires dirty, even finishing on a fantastic bit of single track near the waters edge.
- View the beautiful country side of Hoi An via off the beaten track roads
- Very good mountain bikes and equipment
- Enjoy a boat ride over the Hoi An river
Biking starts from Hoi An near the old town and wanders the streets lined with old shop houses before hitting the river where you board a small boat for a short 10 minute ride over to Cam Kim Island.
Once on the island we start biking through small villages and rice paddies on a narrow roads and dirt trails. Boat making can be seen right from the trail as many of the local fishing vessels are made here. You ride on this island for about an hour before crossing a long wooden bridge over to Ban Thach – Dong Binh rush making village.
From here the scenery opens up and the countryside becomes more rustic. The road remains flat throughout this section of the ride as you pass by duck farms, past old pagodas and enjoy views of farmers out in the field and fisherman in the river casting nets.
After 30 minutes or so on the trails you stop for a quick rest and take the opportunity to soak in the silence, and refuel with a couple of bananas. After the break, you catch another boat back over the river towards Cam Thanh Village (~ 30 minutes). There is also an optional activity of basket boat rowing to explore the lush greenery of Bay Mau water coconut swamps for around an hour, if desired.
The ride continues on a remote countryside road for another 20 minutes or so before turning off on a small section of single track that leads through a grove of palms growing on the side of the river to Tra Que vegetable village. The ride finishes with a pleasant 5 kilometers pedal into town on back roads, and end right where your started.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.