Hoi An countryside biking with vegetable village and cooking introduction
Select date & options
What to expect
Enjoy the beautiful countryside of Hoi An with a combination of 2,5 hour biking and visiting Tra Que vegetable village. You will see how locals farm and prepare food from the produce that is grown.
- Bike through the Countryside and visit a vegetable Farm
- Learn the traditional farming methods of the locals
- Visit Ha Linh lantern factory
- Join cooking class (Banh Xeo) and enjoy a light meal
- Professional and licensed guides
Your biking ride starts in Hoi An near the old town. Ride between streets lined with old shop houses before ending up at the river where you will board a small boat for a short 10 minute ride to Cam Kim Island.
Once on the island you start biking through small villages and rice paddies on narrow roads and dirt trails. There is a change to see locals making fishing boats from the trail.
From here the scenery opens up and the countryside becomes more rustic. The road remains flat throughout this section of the ride you bike by duck farms, old pagodas and enjoy views of farmers out in the field and fisherman in the river casting nets.
After about 30 minutes on the trail there is a stop for a quick rest and have the opportunity to enjoy in the silence and get some more energy with a couple of snacks. After this break there is another boat trip back over the river towards Cam Thanh village; around 30 min.
The next stop is Ha Linh lantern factory, where you learn the how the traditional Hoi An lanterns are produced. You make your own lantern to keep as souvenir.
Biking through Hoi An’s countryside continues on a remote road for another 20 minutes or so before turning off on a small section of single track that leads through a grove of palms growing on the side of the river to Tra Que vegetable village.
Once arriving at the vegetable village Tra Que, you can learn the traditional farming methods of the locals as well as an introduction cooking class for Banh Xeo and have a light meal. The vegetables here are special because the farmers do not use any pesticides or chemical fertiliser.
You get to prepare a meal with the produce that is grown here.
The biking trip ends with a nice 15 minutes trip into town on back roads, back in Hoi An.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.