Ninh Binh & Cat Ba – Lan Ha Bay cruise – 3 days
- Relax with a fully organized trip to two must-see regions in North Vietnam.
- Instead of Halong Bay you visit the equally beautiful bay Lan Ha Bay, where there are far fewer boats and tourists
- Discover the stunning bay area & Cat Ba island by cool activities such as cycling and kayaking
- In Ninh Binh you visit Mua Cave, the most beautiful viewpoint of this province.
- Explore the rural rice fields by traditional sampan boat and cycling through the countryside
Day 1: Hanoi – Lan Ha Bay
You get picked up right at your hotel in the Old Quarter of Hanoi to start your transfer to harbor. On the way there is a short toilet and drink stop.
Arriving at Beo Harbor and boarding the cruise, including welcome drinks, cruise briefing, safety instructions and checking in to your cabin.
The cruise enters Lan Ha Bay. The boat stops in Cua Van, an area that is surrounded by epic karst mountains rising from the water. Explore this part of the bay by kayaking along these steep rocks and peddle through two caves.
Time for swimming in the bay and if and if you dare you can jump off the top deck of the boat.
Back at the cruise you can join the cooking class where you will be making fresh spring roll and make photos of the sun setting down.
Dinner is served in the restaurant. Enjoy delicious local food.
After dinner you can relax, join squid fishing or sing karaoke.
Happy hour free fresh local beer onboard with group.
Day 2: Lan Ha Bay – Cat Ba – Ninh Binh
For travelers don’t mind to wake up early, it is recommend to to see the sunrise in Lan Ha Bay. It is one of the best sunrise spots in Vietnam.
Enjoy your breakfast in quite area in the bay with stunning views outside.
Arrive on Cat Ba island. There are bicycles ready here to cycle 5 km to Viet Hai Village 5km. This village is located between the mountains that are covered with dense jungle and part of Cat Ba National Park.
Riding back to the boat to take a shower before checking out.
Lunch is served on the boat.
Disembark at Beo Harbor where your transfer is ready to take you to Ninh Binh.
Drop off at your hotel in Ninh Binh with an overnight at Tam Coc Horizon Bungalow
Day 3: Ninh Binh – Hanoi
10:00 / 10:30
Your tourguide will come to pick you up from the hotel lobby.
Time for lunch at a restaurant with buffet. There are many types of local foods such as goat meat, fish, chicken and fried rice. Vegetarian options are also available.
In Tam Coc you explore the countryside and stunning nature by traditional sampan boat paddled by one of the locals from the village. The gentle boat ride over the river will bring you through rice paddy fields and small caves, surrounded by steep mountains that might look a bit familiar to the once you have seen in Lan Ha Bay.
After the boat tour it is time to stretch your legs a bit and discover some of the countryside by bicycle. The around 45 minute trip gives you the chance to see the life of the local people, working in the rice fields and small villages. There might be some goats, water buffaloes and ducks around which you have to slalom around.
Your trip ends with a drop off at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter.
- Start tour: Daily from 7:00 starting with a pickup in Hanoi
- End tour: 18:00 (6:00 PM) in Hanoi
- Duration: 3 days
- All accommodation described in the itinerary: Lan Ha Bay Cruise overnight stay (1 night) and Tam Coc Horizon Bungalow (1 night)
- All meals described in the itinerary
- All transfers described in the itinerary; Hanoi – Lan Ha Bay; Lan Ha Bay – Ninh Binh; Ninh Binh – Hanoi
- All activities described in the itinerary: kayaking, cycling
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
Booking & Information request
Ask for booking, availability, pricing or general questions about this tour.