Cai Rang floating market & 2 days Mekong Delta tour
Select date & options
What to expect
Explore the daily life of the Mekong Delta and visit the Cai Be floating market by boat and experience how people exchanging goods, fruit and more. Stay overnight in a homestay or hotel.
- Visit Cai Rang floating market
- Visit a chocolate factory and local workshops
- Enjoy a boat trip through the Mekong Delta
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh – Vinh Long – Can Tho
Your two day Mekong Delta tour starts with a pick up from your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City around 7:30 – 8:00 am.
A comfortable mini van drives you for 2 hours to Cai Be, deep in the Mekong Delta. On the way you will visit the first chocolate factory in South Vietnam, were you can see and taste how they make chocolate.
After that, you head to the Mekong Delta. Here your journey begins with a wooden boat trip. Explore green and fertile islands among the Mekong River through a large network canals.
Enjoy lunch, before you cruise to Vinh Long to discover beautiful landscapes along the river and observe the typical Mekong Delta rural life.
At the end of the afternoon, move to Can Tho. Here you have the night free to discover Can Tho.
Options for overnight:
- Stay in a 4-star hotel in Can Tho.
- Stay in homestay: cooking class and family dinner included.
Day 2: Can Tho – Cai Rang floating market – Ho Chi Minh
After Breakfast at hotel or homestay you take a motor boat to visit Cai Rang floating market; the most fascinating floating market of the Mekong Delta. Here you can see many boats being used by locals for their trading activities.
After your visit to the floating market you take a short bike ride along the village to see the colourful local life, observing the beautiful scenery and daily activities of the locals.
Visit a local fruit garden.
A minivan will bring you back to Ho Chi Minh City and will stop on the way at Vinh Trang Pagoda.
Have lunch at local Restaurant.
Back in Ho Chi Minh City around 4:00 pm.
- Start tour: …
- End tour: ….
- Duration: …
- All accommodation described in the itinerary
- All meals described in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Diner)
- All transfers described in the itinerary
- Meals and services not describer in the itinerary
- Personal expanses
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation immediately after booking. You will receive a voucher by e-mail within 3 working hours. If you have not received your voucher, please check the Spam or notify us via email or chat.
- Voucher:Save a digital voucher on your phone. As a sustainable company, we would like to ask you not to print the voucher..
- Itinerary: The itinerary is subject to change depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Pick-up:Please arrive at the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure. Please be patient on shared / group tours in case of unforeseen delays along the pick-up route.
- Cancellation:View the cancellation conditions here.
For general questions about payments, bookings, cancellations and changes, please visit our help center.
Some frequently asked questions...
You can read our cancellation policy here. Keep in minds that some domestic flights part of a tour are non refundable.
Local Vietnam has two options; by credit card and by bank transfer.
- Credit Card: Our bank charges a fee of 4.3% for credit cards.
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers go to a European (IBAN), UK- or US account without any additional fees.
For day tours you can book a few days in advanced to be sure there is availability. Custom made trips and complete round trips it is best to book at least 2 to 3 months in advanced.
For day tours you will receive the vouchers within 3 working hours. For complete round trips we will send the travel documents minimum 1 month in advanced.
We work with various organizations and local guides. This depends on what the possibilities are for each tour and how far you indicate it in advance. It is best to contact us directly about the possibilities.